For the service learning required for this class I will be volunteering at the Grandview Community Center. this institution is a center where low income kids go to be helped with school, also they provide various activities and tutoring. The intention of this program is to have the children involved in activities along with prepare them for school. Most of these kids parents work and don't have time to help their children to study.


I have not gone yet but will be starting to attend this upcoming Monday. I am looking forward to this because as a child I was involved in a program similar to this. I enjoyed it very much as a child and got to be around very interesting people who in one way or another made a impact in my life. I hope I can do the same for the children in this center and hopefully they can learn a lot from me.

I hope to teach them what I am knowledgeable in and hope they enjoy the time I spend with them. I know i will learn a lot from the children since it will be the first time ever ill be working with kids. This sounded like a fun choice when we were choosing service learning programs. Im sure i will enjoy it and get a lot from this experience. This center does not have a website so i will not be attaching one .
thanks for stopping by and I will be letting you guys know hows it going. ^_^

2 comments:

Liz Y. said...

Sounds like this is perfect for you!

Greg said...

Thats very cool. Im sure it will be fun and it is always nice to give back to the community.

Post a Comment